Friday, March 23, 2012

Jernigan's Review

FINALLY! A local restaurant I can give my nearly full and complete endorsement.

Jernigans has by far the BEST burgers around. Their commitment to their ingredients is impressive, serving Niman Ranch hamburger meat on a toasted bun from duprees. (both local companies). As cool as that is to an organic/local activist like myself, the real reason to be impressed by this is because working together-the ingredients create the the juiciest, most flavorful delight your mouth will ever experience. I dare you to order a burger from Jernigan's and one from any other restaurant in town and taste the difference side by side.

Fantastic beer as well. I ordered what I think was called a 360 IPA which had a fascinating nuance to it that I can't quite define. I'm thinking a hint of juniper but I can't quite tell. Anyway its the first time the flavor of a beer has surprised me and I liked it!

We enjoyed laid back yet attentive service from our bartendress/waitress. She knew how to pay attention without being intrusive.

The only small problem with this place is that people have yet to catch on to its awesomeness as there were no other diners in sight at 7pm Wednesday night. I hope people wake up soon and get in there because this county cannot afford to lose burgers this wonderful.

One last thing though-its a pretty small dining room that's more of a bar actually, so expect super laid back unassuming atmosphere and a TV playing sports. Its a spot to hang with your bro's more than a place to take a first date to.

No comments:

Post a Comment